The Blog To End All Blogs

Google

Monday, January 02, 2006

The PVR Adsense Test - Part 1

After writing my last post I have decided to perform a test to see how easily one can profit from high yield keywords.

I have begun "The PVR Source" at http://pvrsource.blogspot.com. It will focus on Personal Video Recorders (PVR), which Top Paying Keywords lists as one of its most improved Google search phrases based on adsense revenue per click.

Here are my rules for this experiment:

1. I can only post links to other PVR articles; I can not develop and post entirely original articles.

2. I can promote PVR Source in any way that I want, provided that I do not spend an excessive amount of time promoting the blog.

3. The only revenue that I can consider relevant is revenue that originates from Google Adsense.

4. The experiment will last one week, to begin with. After the week I will compare the Adsense revenue from PVR Source to any revenue I earn from The Blog To End All Blogs.

Conventional wisdom would suggest that the blog given more time, with a higher amount of interesting, customized content, would be more profitable. I fully expect, however, that within a week PVR Source will have outperformed this blog by at least a two to one ratio.

If you have thoughts on this experiment or suggestions to improve it, please let me know by leaving a comment.