The Blog To End All Blogs

Google

Monday, January 02, 2006

PVR, DNA, Florida Lawyer: The Madness Of Adsense Keywords

For the first few days of running The Blog To End All Blogs, the adsense ads at the top of the page have primarily been about blogs. I find that the majority of my adsense ads turn out to be links right back to Blogger.com; needless to say a click on one of these ads, though appreciated, is only worth a few cents.

If I wanted a blog that was purely centered around profit, then I would see how many of the keywords from www.toppayingkeywords.com I could fit into my post. For your email address they provide a list of the 20 "most improved" keywords in terms of amount of money generated per click, on a percentage basis.

Included on the list were such terms as "PVR" (Personal Video Recorder, akin to a Tivo I believe), "DNA" (Deoxyribonucleic Acid for any of you who might be curious), and "Florida Lawyer". If someone clicks on a "Florida Lawyer" based Adsense ad on your blog, you instantly earn over 10 dollars.

So what am I to do? Go out and register PVR.blogspot.com, DNA.blogspot.com, and FloridaLawyer.blogspot.com, slap a few news links up on each one and hope for the best? I don't plan to, but this is the sort of get rich quick scheme that reminds me of the Million Dollar Homepage, although it lacks the ingenuity.

No, I'll keep blogging about my blog and whatever else might interest me, nursing my 75 page impressions - 4 clickthroughs - $0.61 earned stats until someone has to pry the keyboard away from my cold dead fingers.